ONE STEP AT A TIME | DRESS FOR SUCCESS SEATTLE | STEPHANIE WALLS PHOTOGRAPHY
Step one- The job Market is Competitive as ever and making a great first impression is key. Dress for Success offers a thoughtful solution to the challenges most women face entering the work place.
Dress for Success provides women with interview-appropriate attire and accessories that are referred from more then 100 Puget Sound area employment programs.
Step two- Empowerment
We find that women we serve leave with much more than a professional look; they leave with a new outlook on life, with renwed self-respect and increase self confidence
Step three- Beyond the Interview
After women get jobs, they are invited to join our professional women’s group (PWG), a job retention program that provides support as women transition to the workplace and learn to balance the demands of family, work and self. The PWG moves women’s towards self-sufficiency by addressing their ongoing social, economic and professional needs.
Dress for Success is a community organization, and we rely on the community to support our efforts in a number of ways.
- Make Cash contributions. We operate on a very lean budget, but require a solid base of financial support to keep our infrastructure strong and our programs top-notch
- Ask your employer to sponsor a Dress for Success event. Sponsor the annual YWCA Closet Treasures Sale, a Suit drive, or a Wear your Jeans to work day.
- Host a house party. We’ll come and speak at your event so that you can ask your network to support Dress for Success.
- Organize a clothing or accessory drive at your work, church or other community group. Call us first so we can let you know what items we will need the most!
- Volunteer. Depending on your schedule, you could be a personal dresser, courier or clothing sorter.
“At Dress for success Seattle I had the most amazing experience. The Lady who helped me selected clothes that I liked. She did not know me, but knew my taste right away! The new clothes made me look like I was in a film. I felt so good. My children were impressed when I came home. And I felt so confident to face my interview.”
-Janine, Dress for Success Client
Established in 1998, the mission of Dress for Success Seattle is to promote self confidence and financial independence for low-income women transitioning into the workplace . King * Snohomish County
Dress For Success Seattle
1118 Fifth Avenue * Seattle, Wa 98101